This is probably the easiest of the Challenges given the spectacular range and quality of produce on our doorstep in Tassie.
This is a great week to think about planting some of your own fruit and veg too. Sustainable Living Tasmania has a basic guide to gardening in Tasmania, which includes a planting guide to show you what can go in the ground this week.
If you’d prefer instant gratification, there are loads of Veggie Box schemes that you can access to have fresh Tassie produce weekly.
Check these out:
- 1. Veggie Box – Peter and Leonie [@ Sheffield] deliver to people in the 64 area code. P: 64 92 3040, M: 0477 926 914 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Connors Produce
- 1. Channel Living has a veggie box scheme in the Channel (Woodbridge) area.
- 2. Source Community Wholefoods Cooperative at UTAS Sandy Bay campus has a weekly fruit & veg box scheme. $25 collected or $30 delivered in Hobart area.
- 3. Backyard Bounty have totally Tasmanian vegie boxes, $30 or $40 options, pick-up or delivery to all suburbs of Hobart, Clarence, Glenorchy and Kingborough.
- 1. Hilbarn has now passed the baton to Paleo Providore for Launceston and surrounds: E: email@example.com | M: 0448 989 440
- 2. Northern Suburbs Community Centre Veggie boxes $27.00 for a box of seasonal veggies and fruit or $30.00 if you would like locally produced eggs. Pick up is at Mowbray centre between 11.00 and 12pm or delivery. M: 0499275728 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
And don’t forget that we have a Tassievore Store Directory that you can access via our website to get a more detailed list of places where you can access local fruit and veg.
Finally…it is time to start thinking about next week’s challenge – Host a Tassievore Meal for your friends/family. We’d love to hear about your menu plans,comments from your guests and see some photos! One lucky person, who shares their story with us, will get 2 Free tickets to Sustainable Living Tasmania’s 4th Annual Living Local Feast, which will be held in Hobart on Saturday, 12 April.