It’s that time of year, fruit feasting season! The farmers markets and backyard orchards are laden with fruit and Tassievores are spoilt for choice with an abundance of tasty fresh fruits to eat and cook with. Here are some Plum-tastic recipes to help inspire you with your plum picking and fruit feasting if like me you have an overabundance of plums from you backyard orchard and gardens. Many thanks to Tassievores below who suggested the recipes on the Tassievore Facebook page – keep the suggestions coming!
- We love plum jam, plum crumble or just plain old eating them fresh from the tree, Kerry
- Jam or plum sauce and if you can;t be bothered doing it now… freeze them for a later date whe you have timee!! Also I just made a pie and it worked well (along the same lines as an apple one) ENJOY, Jane
- My Mum knows a recipe for an awesome sour plum cake/tart thingie. Sublime cake type base with plums cut in half insides facing up pushed down a bit in the base and some other secret bit., Louise
- Spicy plum sauce for pork. Worcestershire sauce. I have also tasted some great plum wine, but never made it myself. For the pork sauce, just add brown sugar and stacks of chilli, ginger, kafir lime and garlic. Freeze the sauce in batches to use in winter. Dylan
- Clafouti with plums! Christina
- I’m making this recipe now http://whiskflipstir.com/2010/10/24/amelies-famous-plum-cake-kouign-amann/ Amelie’s Famous Plum Cake (Kouign Amann Lili
- Bottle them and eat them all year with muesli for breakfast, Sally
I hope you enjoy the suggestions and please post if you have any more for the rest of the Tassievores to share.